Monday, March 11, 2019
Where the Greatest Still Play
We will also be handing out to our audiences this month copies of our 4-page quarterly newsletter, complete with a big band quiz and plenty of other trivia, nifty quotations, and a personal note from Claire and me. If you would like to check out that newsletter, you can do so in the collection we’ve uploaded on the Vital Signs Ministries website right here.
All in all, March would be a fantastic time for you to drop in on one of our shows. We love to have visitors and our audiences do too. The schedule and locations can be found (also at the Vital Signs Ministries website) right here.
And, by the way, here is the songlist for this month’s terrific program:
1) Glenn Miller Orchestra (with the vocals of Ray Eberle) — “When You Wish Upon a Star”
2) Nat King Cole (backed by a swinging Billy May studio band) — “Let’s Face the Music and Dance”
3) Harry James Orchestra — “Crazy Rhythm”
4) Artie Shaw Orchestra (with vocals by Helen Forrest) — “I Have Eyes”
5) The Andrews Sisters (backed by the Eddie Haywood band) — “The House of Blue Lights”
6) Glen Gray & the Casa Loma Orchestra — “Blue Room”
7) Andy Williams — “Days of Wine and Roses”
8) Tommy Dorsey Orchestra — “I’m Getting Sentimental Over You”
9) Dennis Day (backed by Frank De Vol Orchestra) — “Where or When”
10) Gene Krupa Orchestra (with vocals by Carolyn Grey) — “They Didn’t Believe Me”
11) Benny Goodman Sextet — “Rose Room”
12) Frank Sinatra (backed by the Count Basie Orchestra) — “Fly Me to the Moon”
Great, great stuff! So, why don’t you make plans to come along for the happening? Again, the schedule is right here.