Friday, February 22, 2013

Howard Hendricks Goes Home

One of America's most effective teachers of the Bible, theology, and the practical arts of teaching itself died this week. Howard Hendricks, a veritable pillar of Dallas Theological Seminary (in its best years) and a extremely popular educator whose books and lectures greatly influenced three generations of laymen as well, has been ushered into the presence of his Savior.

I am but one of those who greatly appreciated and was helped by Dr. Hendricks. I only heard him in person once but his published lectures, the deep effect he had on friends of mine who were his DTS students, and a few of his his books (especially Teaching to Change Lives, Heaven Help the Home, and Mastering Teaching) were deeply influential on me.

I read through several articles about Hendrick's passing but the most valuable were from DTS Magazine, Denny Burk, Christian Post, and the Baptist Press.

I'm looking forward to meeting you, Dr. Hendricks.