Friday, April 23, 2010

Common Sense? Don't You Know That's Part of the Conspiracy?

One would naturally assume that the blog posts created by a conservative, Christian pro-life activist (like myself) would occasionally elicit opposition, even angry smears and denunciations.

They do. For even though I don't have a comment section here, there is a "Contact Us" link prominently displayed on the left sidebar. I'm easy to find.

However, in the 5 years I've been doing Vital Signs Blog, I have not experienced anything close, in either quantity or virulence, to the response I got from last Friday's post about a 9-11 conspiracy guru making the rounds of liberal churches.

Some pretty ugly stuff came my way, making me wonder if those drawn towards conspiracy theories are also drawn away from basic social graces.

So, be on notice when you encounter these kinds of folks (people who believe AIDS and sickle cell anemia were created by scientists working for evil governments, people who believe Jim Morrison and Jimi Hendrix were done in by the CIA, people who are convinced that high frequency active auroral beams are controlling our weather, seemingly natural disasters and even our minds, and yes, people who believe the Bush administration engineered the 9-11 plane crashes and subsequent cover up). Just smile, nod politely and back away -- as fast as possible.