Friday, December 28, 2007

Pat Sajak Spins the Wheel on Global Warming

Pat Sajak's personable, witty ways have made him one of America's favorites and, lucky for us all, he invests those same qualities in his social commentary. A keen example of this is his collection of ten simple but penetrating questions that would bring the alarms over man-made global warming...well, back down to earth. Check it out; copy it down; and pass it on.

The subject of man-made global warming is almost impossible to discuss without a descent into virulent name-calling (especially on the Internet, where anonymity breeds a special kind of vicious reaction to almost any social or political question), but I’ll try anyway. I consider myself to be relatively well-read on the matter, and I’ve still come down on the skeptical side, because there are aspects of the issue that don’t make a lot of sense to me. Though I confess to have written none-too-reverentially on the subject, I want to try to put all that aside and ask ten serious questions to which I have been unable to find definitive answers...