* Welcome, announcements, opening prayer
* Music (via YouTube video clip) -- “Alas, and Did My Savior Bleed” by The Leffring Sisters
* Music -- “’Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus” by the Getty Family and Joni Eareckson Tada
* The sermon (always brief, 12-15 minutes). Yesterday’s message was “Ponder and Practice These Things” dealing with Philippians 4:8 & 9. That closed out our look at highlights of Philippians from the last several weeks.
* Music – “Leaning on the Everlasting Arms” by the Living Stones Quartet out of Kerala, India.
* Closing prayer by Claire.
* And then comes a delightful feature of our Sunday afternoon church services; namely, our distribution of coffee, lemonade, and cookies which accompany a half hour or more of personal visiting together.
Now, we were kinda’ stretched yesterday as we had 18 people in our congregation and only 3 of us to pass out the treats and “work the room” to talk to everyone. And that leads me to make this request . We could really use help in bolstering our visitation team for this important ministry. What's it involve? Just being there to befriend and talk to the Aksarben residents before and after the "formal" service. That would mean being there from 2 or 2:15 until 3:30. Believe me, your presence would be a tremendous help and I’m pretty sure you would find it an inspirational, enjoyable time. If you’re interested, please give us a call.