Wednesday, March 06, 2013
News the Mainstream Anchors Neglected to Mention
* Those New TSA Uniforms: They hassle law-abiding citizens while demonstrating alarming ineffectiveness in keeping weapons and the bad guys off planes...but they're sure gonna' look cool.
Under their new collective bargaining agreement, Transportation Security Administration officers get to spend more taxpayer money on their uniforms every year than a United States Marine Corps lieutenant can spend in a lifetime.
TSA employees will see their uniform allowances nearly double to $446 per year,” the House Transportation Committee noted in a press release on the TSA’s new collective bargaining agreement. “By comparison, a combat Marine Lieutenant receives a one-time uniform allowance of $400. The cost of the increase in TSA uniform allowance is an estimated $9.63 million annually.”
And you thought the sequester would keep such mindless spending down? Then you don't understand modern Democrat politics.
* Drama-Loving Team Obama Wants to Make the Sequester Look as Dire as It Predicted: The President doesn't want to be reasonable; he doesn't want to be honorable; he doesn't want to serve the people of the United States. What he does want is to freak the country out and demonize Republicans so that the Congressional elections of 2014 will go his way. And whatever damage and angst he can cause the Republic to get that done, he will.
The White House announced Tuesday that it is canceling tours of the president’s home for the foreseeable future as the sequester spending cuts begin to bite and the administration makes good on its warnings of painful decisions.
Announcement of the decision — made in an email from the White House Visitors Office — came hours after The Washington Times reported on another administration email that seemed to show at least one agency has been instructed to make sure the cuts are as painful as President Obama promised they would be...
* Government Education (At All Levels) Has Become a Dangerous Joke:
Bestiality is a distasteful subject, but it–along with other sexual perversions such as pedophilia–are slowly being pushed toward normalization, so notice must be taken. Latest example: Yale hosted its annual sex conference in which bestiality was apparently labeled merely one form of “sexual diversity.”
* Forbes List Of Top 10 Cities For Good Jobs Dominated By Texas:
Four Texas cities (Dallas, Houston, Austin and Forth Worth) nailed down the top spots with San Antonio coming in at Number 6. (all of the ten, by the way, were cities way west of the Missouri River: Seattle, Oklahoma City, Denver, San Francisco, and Salt Lake City.
* It Turns Out That Team Obama, Led by the President Himself, Told a Lot of Scary Sequester Fibs: Americans for Prosperity gives a rundown of just a few in its article, "Sequester Hysteria vs. Reality."
* For Barack Obama, It's All About Destroying the Opposition:
Barack Obama has absolutely no intention of working with the GOP for the next two years despite any words to the contrary. Obama recently met with Congressional leaders for a grand total of one hour. Obama has spent the rest of his time berating Republicans all over the country.
A search for “Obama blames GOP” yields 39,500,000 hits.
A search for “Obama blames Republicans” yields 3,900,000 hits.
A search for “Obama blames..” yields 83,000,000 hits...
Barack Obama will spend the next two years demonizing Republicans at every turn and the monster he created, Organizing for America, will be the muscle. The real goal is 2014...