Thursday, February 16, 2012

Looking for Good Books?

Except for sermon preparation and a few pleasure reads (Jonathan Gash and Ngiao Marsh mystery novels), I've concentrated my reading in the last 6 weeks on 3 excellent books (and one other one that I'd rate pretty good) dealing with World War II. I thought I'd take a few minutes and give you a "heads up" about them...

Read my whole column over on The Book Den on this subject. It contains brief reviews that I think you'll find interesting of Jeff Shaara's The Final Storm: A Novel of the War in the Pacific, Bob Greene's Once Upon a Town: The Miracle of the North Platte Canteen, Andrew Roberts' The Storm of War: A New History of the Second World War and What If? Strategic Alternatives of WW II.

There's also a fascinating video clip embedded there showcasing a conversation between Peter Robinson and Andrew Roberts.