Thursday, December 22, 2011

Another Take on the 12 Days of Christmas

Miss Sara Truelove
Somewhere, USA  December 26

Dearest Bill:
I went to the door today and the postman delivered a partridge in a pear tree. What a wonderful, thoughtful gift! I couldn't have been more surprised.
With deepest Love and Devotion,
Sara

Miss Sara Truelove
Somewhere, USA  December 27

Dearest Bill:
Today the postman brought your most wonderful gift. Just imagine - two turtle doves! I'm delighted at your very sweet gift. They are just adorable. I will have to get a cage for them.
With deepest Love,
Sara

Miss Sara Truelove
Somewhere, USA  December 28

Dearest Bill:
Oh! Your third gift arrived! You really went too far, I think. I don't deserve such generosity - three French hens. They are just lovely, but I must protest - you've been way too kind.
Love,
Sara

Miss Sara Truelove
Somewhere, USA  December 29

Dearest Bill:
Today the postman delivered four calling birds. Now, really, they're quite nice, but now I have 10 birds and nowhere to put any more....so please, no more birds!! But, thanks.
Affectionately,
Sara

Miss Sara Truelove
Somewhere, USA  December 30

Dearest Bill:
What a surprise! Another present....and not a bird this time! Wow! Today the postman delivered five golden rings, one for each finger. You're just too extravagant, but I love it! Frankly, all those birds squawking were beginning to get on my nerves, but the rings are wonderful...and so quiet!!
All my love.
Sara

Miss Sara Truelove
Somewhere, USA  December 31

Dear Bill:
When I opened the door there were actually six geese a-laying on my front steps. So you're back to the birds again, huh? Those geese are huge! Where will I ever keep them? The neighbors are complaining. The police came by with a formal complaint, and I can't sleep through all the racket. I guess I have my own noise-makers for the New Year's Eve celebration tonight. Please stop. NO MORE BIRDS!!
Cordially,
Sara

Miss Sara Truelove
Somewhere, USA  January 1

Bill:
Happy New Year...to some people. It hasn't been so happy with me. What's with you and those dumb birds? Seven swans a-swimming. What kind of practical joke is this? There's bird tracks, feathers, and guana all over the house and they never stop squawking. I could not sleep all night and I'm a nervous wreck. You have gone too far, bird brain. STOP SENDING BIRDS! NO MORE BIRDS!! GOT IT?
Sincerely,
Sara

Miss Sara Truelove
Somewhere, USA  January 2

OK, WISE GUY:
I think I prefer the birds over this. What am I going to do with eight maids a-milking? It's not enough with all those birds and eight maids a-milking, but they had to bring their cows! Have you ever smelled a yard full of cow patties? Their piles are all over the lawn, and I can't move in my own house. Leave me alone. NO MORE OF YOUR "GIFTS".
Sara

Miss Sara Truelove
Somewhere, USA  January 3

Hey, Vacuum-for-a-brain:
What are you? Some kind of freak? Now there's nine ladies dancing...right in the smelly you-know-what and tracking it all over my house. The way they've been bickering with the milk maids, I hesitate to even call them ladies. You'll get yours, buddy.
Sara

Miss Sara Truelove
Somewhere, USA
January 4

You rotten piece of humanity, if human you are!: What's with the ten lords a-leaping? I have threatened to break their legs so that they can never leap again. All 23 of the birds are dead. They've been trampled to death by the leapers, the dancers, and the cows. At least, I don't have to worry about them any more. The City Commissioner has subpoenaed me to give cause why my house shouldn't be condemned. I'm filing a complaint to the police about you!
Signed --One who really means it!

Miss Sara Truelove
Somewhere, USA  January 5

Listen, brainless:
Now there's eleven pipers piping. And they never stop piping...except when they're chasing those maids or dancing girls. The cows are getting very upset and are sounding worse than the birds ever did. What am I going to do? There is a petition going around to evict me from the neigborhood. I hope you're satisfied, you rotten, vicious swine.
Your sworn enemy,
Sara

Law Officesof Sue, Pillage, and Plunder
1313 Grunge St
Somewhere, USA  January 6

Dear Sir:
This is to acknowledge your latest gift of twelve drummers drumming which you have seen fit to inflict on our client, Miss Sara Truelove. The damage, of course, was total. She was found beating her head against the wall to the beat of the twelve drums. If you should attempt to reach Miss Truelove at Happy Glen Sanitarium, the attendants have instructions to shoot you on sight. With this letter please find attached a warrant for your arrest.
Cordially,
Law Firm of Sue, Pillage, and Plunder