Rory Cooper over at the Heritage Foundation's Foundry lets loose a whole lot of ominous facts and great one-liners with which you can dramatically, effectively communicate to your friends and family what's really going on with the Obam/Pelosi "stimulus plan." Here's a sample:
* After Congress appropriates the FY’09 omnibus bill, they may have spent over $1.4 Trillion in less than one month!
* $825 Billion is equivalent to borrowing $10,520 from every family in America.
* If all families were asked to equally shoulder the burden of $825 Billon, this debt would be equivalent to what they roughly spend on food, clothing, and health care in an entire year.
* Reid-Pelosi-Obama are enacting a nationalized health care policy with no debate. The government will soon be responsible for more health care spending than the private sector, i.e. socialized medicine.
* Pork Spending: Digital TV Coupons ($650 Million), Gov’t Cars ($600 Million), Nat’l Endowment for the Arts ($50 Million), Repairs to National Mall ($200 Million, including $21m for sod).
Cooper has more, including suggesting real solutions to our economic woes, right here.