Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Back from Ouga

With my absence from Omaha for the last 11 days, there's a lot to be done to catch up with Vital Signs Ministries business. As always, Claire was busy and efficient taking care of things stateside but a health crisis with my Mom took a great deal of her time too.

And since that situation is ongoing, we're actually both working to catch up.

So, will you please indulge my tardiness in reporting on the momentous trip to Ougadougou, Burkina Faso? I'm going to try and set some time aside this afternoon to collect my thoughts about what was certainly a soul-stirring experience (as well as collecting some of the dramatic pictures taken by Kristen, Amy and other team members) and write up at least a survey account of the Haggai Fest, the visit to "The Lord Saves" Orphanage, our teaching seminars, etc. That document will then become the October LifeSharer letter and will be posted on the regular VSM site and I will, of course, provide a link to it from here at the blog.

In the meantime, let me try and provide a few timely "culture war" updates for today's blog. I post them below.