The details are now set for the annual Pro-Life Legislative Day sponsored by Nebraska Right to Life. It's always an important day for grassroots lobbying and public witness, but there are years that we can have a greater impact on pro-life legislation than others.
This is one of those years!
Please consider carefully (and prayerfully) joining us in Lincoln for this year's Pro-Life Legislative Day.
Here's the details:
Wednesday, March 7, 2007
State Capitol, Lincoln
Room 1126 (First floor, south side)
The primary goal of this year's Pro-Life Day is to get the word out (against a massive disinformation campaign led by the University of Nebraska Medical Center and the media) about LB 700, the Human Cloning Prohibition Act. And, of course, our state senators are a key part of our audience. A large turnout of pro-life advocates will be a huge help.
Everything is free all day --and the staff of Nebraska Right to Life invites us all for however much of the day we can spend. The agenda includes:
* 8:00 a.m. -- Registration, coffee & rolls
* 8:45 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. -- A welcome from Senator Cap Dierks (Room Host) followed by remarks from Senator Mark Christensen, the sponsor of LB 700, and other co-sponsors.
* 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. -- A brief review by pro-life lobbyists explaining the best ways to explain LB 700 to your state senator and others.
* 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. -- A distribution of information packets for the senators.
* 10:30 a.m. to Noon -- Proceed to 2nd Floor Rotunda to call senators off the floor and the viewing of the legislative debate from the balcony.
* Noon to 1:00 p.m. -- Lunch on your own. (There's a cafeteria on the first floor or you can zip over to any of the nearby downtown restaurants.)
* 1:30 p.m. -- Judiciary Committee hearing on LB 700, Room, 1113, Capitol building, first floor, south side. The Judiciary Committee typically hears several bills in an afternoon so it is not known when LB 700 will come up during the hearing. Here's a tip, though. If you want to secure a seat in Rm. 1113, you 'll have to get there early. (The Legislature often provides overflow rooms for big crowds to view hearings on TV monitors.) Persons interested in testifying on behalf of LB 700 can submit written testimony to the committee.
All of the State’s pro-life and pro-family groups are supporting LB 700 and have signed a Unity Statement standing behind its passage. Vital Signs Ministries will be coordinating car pools for anyone interested in going down from Omaha. So contact us soon at (email@example.com)