Let's see now --- why do Claire and I try and avoid buying goods from Communist China?
* Severe persecution of religious believers.
* Coercive abortion and sterilzation policies.
* Harvesting and selling human body parts.
* Extensive use of slave labor and denial of worker's rights, safety and health concerns.
* A long list of other human rights abuses.
* Support of repressive governments in Burma, Belarus, and other places.
* Destruction of national economies (like our own) through cheap imports.
* Support of terrorists.
* Military aggression in Asia...and beyond.
* Extemsive spy networks in their own country and many others.
* Theft of Western tecnology.
* And, oh yes -- one more little thing...
Communist China is an extremely pernicious, extremely dangerous enemy to the United States.
Here's a news story dealing with one of the more recent evidences of China's sinister intentions towards the West; namely, a systematic campaign by Chinese military hackers to penetrate U.S. government and business computer networks.