Monday, July 20, 2020

Some Thoughts On "The Disciple's Prayer"

The Latest 
Vital Signs Ministries Letter

For this month’s letter I’m going to write up a few things about one of the most important (but often one of the most problematic) duties of the Christian life.  That duty?  Prayer.  I have been thinking about this an awful lot recently and talking about it with Claire and several friends.  It has been so much on my mind that when I was recently asked to fill in for a vacationing preacher, I chose Luke 11:2-4 as my text, that brief passage that contains what is universally (yet incorrectly) known as “The Lord’s Prayer.”  I’m going to share with you just a few notes about that text along with some practical options that might help improve the quality and consistency of your prayers. I hope so.

Anyhow, you'll find the July letter at this link from the Vital Signs Ministries' website.