The show will be a good one, a wonderful mix of music from the greatest of the big bands, crooners, and canaries (plus a couple hundred photos) which will take our audiences on a "sentimental journey" back to the days of their youth. We can't wait to get started.
By the way, here's the song list of Volume 3, Series 3 that we will be playing in all 11 facilities this month.
1) Glenn Miller Orchestra (Vocals by Ray Eberle)
2) Artie Shaw Orchestra
"Lady Be Good"
3) Harry James Orchestra (Vocals by Helen Ward)
"Where or When"
4) Harry James Orchestra
"Fly Me to the Moon"
(This is the only example in all 23 volumes of WSWK that we play two songs by one artist. We do so because the Harry James/Helen Ward number played just before is a short, radio recording that only features that bravura trumpet of James' at the very end...just enough to whet one's musical appetite for more. And so, that's just what we give them -- more! And we do so with the most dramatic and lovely instrumental version of "Fly Me to the Moon" they've ever heard!)
5) Vaughn Monroe Orchestra (Vocals by Vaughn Monroe)
6) Larry Clinton Orchestra (Vocals by Bea Wain)
"Heart and Soul"
7) Benny Goodman Orchestra
"After You've Gone"
8) Tommy Dorsey Orchestra (Vocals by Frank Sinatra & the Pied Pipers)
9) Russ Morgan Orchestra
"With the Wind and Rain In Her Hair"
10) Bing Crosby
"Stranger In Paradise"
11) Les Brown Orchestra (Vocals by Doris Day)
"My Dreams Are Getting Better All the Time"
12) The Mills Brothers