The National Debt Is Eeeeeeeenormous! And it includes over a trillion bucks to Communist China!
In data released Thursday afternoon, the Federal Reserve revealed that its holdings of U.S. government debt had increased to an all-time record of $1,696,691,000,000 as of the close of business on Wednesday.
The Fed's holdings of U.S. government debt have increased by 257 percent since President Barack Obama was first inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2009, and the Fed is currently the single largest holder of U.S. government debt.
As of the end of November, according to the U.S. Treasury, entities in Mainland China owned about $1,170,100,000,000 in U.S. government debt, making China the largest foreign holder of U.S. government debt...
* Constitution, Congress, Democracy -- Obama Isn't Going to be Bothered by Any of That Stuff!
Obama is considering a series of new executive actions aimed at working
around a recalcitrant Congress, including policies that could allow
struggling homeowners to refinance their mortgages, provide new
protections for gays and lesbians, make buildings more energy-efficient
and toughen regulations for coal-fired power plants, according to people
outside the White House involved in discussions on the issues...
moves underscore Obama’s increasingly aggressive use of executive
authority, including 23 administrative actions on gun violence last
month and previous orders that delayed deportations of young illegal
immigrants and will lower student loan payments. These and other
potential actions suggest that Obama is likely to rely heavily on
executive powers to set domestic policy in his second term. One White
House official said that while the president does not see the actions as
substitutes for more substantial legislation, he also wants to move
forward on top priorities...
* The Absentee Commander in Chief -- The Defense secretary told the president that Americans in Benghazi were under attack. Then: nothing.
* California lacks doctors to meet demand of national healthcare law -- Lawmakers are working on proposals that would enable physician assistants, nurse practitioners, optometrists and pharmacists to diagnose, treat and manage some illnesses.
* Federal employees' union head: Obama pay raise proposal 'simply not enough'
* Muslim Brotherhood Demands It All (In the Country To Which We're Giving Jet Fighters)
Egypt's ruling Muslim Brotherhood has nominated one of its senior leaders for the influential position of grand mufti, the nation's top cleric, defying critics who accuse the Islamist group of seeking to dominate all institutions…
The mufti is empowered to issue opinions (fatwas) on any matter, influencing legislation on social and cultural issues, public behavior and court rulings...
* Iranians on revolution day chant ‘death to America’
* Horsemeat found in British supermarkets 'may be donkey'