Friday, December 21, 2012
We Survived the Mayan Apocalypse. But We're Still in Deep Trouble.
Or are we?
For just because the planet remains spinning on its axis doesn't mean that civilization is healthy, happy and enduring. Indeed, a quick look at these news stories should scare you a lot more than any ancient calendar.
* Pope says future of mankind at stake over gay marriage (Telegraph)
* American Dream Fades for Generation Y Professionals (Bloomberg)
* Now sick babies go on death pathway: Doctor's haunting testimony reveals how children are put on end-of-life plan (DailyMail)
* ObamaCare mandate may force nuns devoted to the eldery to leave U.S. (LifeSiteNews)
* Georgia rebuilds Stalin monuments (AFP)
* U.S. on alert for Islamist ire to ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ (Washington Times)
* US alarm at foreign state acquisitions (US Politics and Policy)
* America's Problem Is a Contempt for Life, Not a Love of Guns (Pearcey Report)