Wednesday, June 13, 2012

This World Is Not Our Home

“This world is not my home,
I'm just a passing through.
My treasures are laid up
Somewhere beyond the blue.
The angels beckon me
From heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home
In this world anymore.”
 

Some of you remember those profound lyrics.  They’re taken from a bluegrass gospel song that’s been around for at least a century.  But even if the lines are unfamiliar to you, I trust that the philosophy they proclaim is not.  After all, it is a thoroughly biblical perspective, one that recognizes that the Christian is an alien and stranger in this cosmos, a spiritual sojourner whose primary purposes are to invest in heavenly values and to remain unstained by the world...

Why not read the rest of the June LifeSharer letter, the monthly correspondence from Vital Signs Ministries? You'll find it on page one of the VSM website right here.