Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Obama Caught Lying In Print -- Again. And He Kinda' Admits It.

"Uh, yeah. I guess now that you've caught me making a few outright lies in my autobiography -- well, even if I'm still claiming to have written it myself -- I'll just duck out of the controversy by insisting that the seeming errors you found in my book's description of my girlfriend were only because I wasn't describing anyone for real.

Yeah; that's it. You see, she was really a composite of several girlfriends -- man, I was one hot dude, bruddah, and I always had more chicks than I could handle -- and so it wasn't really lying. It's just the usual case of a liberal taking liberalities with the truth. And I'm certainly entitled. Yeah, that's the story. It was only poetic license. Very liberal poetic license."

Here's the lowdown from Dylan Byers over at Politico.

One of the more mysterious characters from President Obama's 1995 autobiography Dreams From My Father is the so-called 'New York girlfriend.' Obama never referred to her by name, or even by psuedonym, but he describes her appearance, her voice, and her mannerisms in specific detail.

But Obama has now told biographer David Maraniss that the 'New York girlfriend' was actually a composite character, based off of multiple girlfriends he had both in New York City and in Chicago…

Though Dreams From My Father is an autobiography, and hence non-fiction, Obama makes no mention of this "compression," nor is their any note by the publisher, Broadway Books. In fact, Obama only acknowledged the "compression" after Maraniss learned that Cook had no recollection of some of the events at which Obama said she was present.