Friday, December 17, 2010

Why I'm Missing Book Club

This very busy week is drawing to a close and we are far from done with the "must-do" list we wrote up last weekend. The LifeSharer letter (the monthly update I write for Vital Signs Ministries) isn't finished yet; the preparations for tomorrow's Christmas tea that Claire always hosts for the women and girls on her side of the family are not done; and the book to be read for tonight's literary society? I haven't started.

Nor will I. Just no time.

Claire has read it and will be going without me (I hate to miss) while I work on the things mentioned above as well as Sunday's sermon. I'd try to pull it off this afternoon but that will be taken up with yet another presentation of the Christmas edition of our "When Swing Was King" program and then a visit over at my Mom's.

I had thought last weekend that I might be able to get the book read but Monday night was the VSM quarterly Board meeting while Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights involved our hosting Christmas dinner parties. And during the day it was blogging, writing, menu prep, three "When Swing Was King" presentations and taking care of Mom. So -- mega-apologies to my fellow Notting Hill Napoleons about missing tonight. Next time.