"Some days, we watch with envy as that yellow school bus drives by."
In this interesting and humorous article, a witty and well-balanced homeschool mom talks about the most common misconceptions about parents who choose the homeschooling route. I'll pass along below the 10 errors she corrects -- but you'll have to go read the piece (featured at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers.com) to find the whole treasure. And, by the way, thanks go to Melissa Hindman (a witty and well-balanced homeschool mom herself!) for the heads up on this piece.
"The Public School Parents' Guide to Homeschool Parents"
* We do not have superhuman patience
* We don't homeschool because it gives us the warm fuzzies
* Some days, we watch with envy as that yellow school bus drives by.
* We don't think our kids are better or smarter than yours.
* Our decision to homeschool is not a personal commentary on your decision not to.
* Our decision to homeschool is not a personal commentary on the jobs of public school teachers.
* We realize that there are homeschooling families who probably should not be homeschooling.
* Just because we're Christian doesn't mean that we are "religious homeschoolers."
* We don't do this to shelter, over-protect, or isolate our children.
* We don't do this to annoy you.