Friday, February 19, 2010

The Top Western Movies of All Time

Last night I put in this post on my Facebook page:

Here's my list of the Top Twelve Westerns of all time. How do they stack up with your favorites? I list them here in no particular order: Stagecoach -- Once Upon a Time in the West -- Ride the High Country -- The Magnificent Seven -- True Grit -- Shane -- The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance -- The Wild Bunch -- The Shoot...ist -- Nevada Smith -- Rio Bravo -- Hang 'Em High.

Fans of the genre will note that John Wayne stars in 5 of the movies, Charles Bronson in 2, and Steve McQueen in 2.


The post has created a little discussion with friends dropping in suggestions of their own -- good ones too. So, if you'd like to join in on the fun, saddle up and ride on over to my Facebook page.