Thursday, December 27, 2007

Tater Tots Too Hot: Idaho Fire Station Catches Fire

In the latest installment of "Life Happenings Tailor-Made to be Sermon Illustrations," here's news of an Idaho fire station catching fire:

The safety system intended to prevent fires in Boise fire stations failed at Station 8 because it appears firefighters simply forgot to use it, city officials said.

Boise firefighters at Station 8, 4422 Overland Road, left for a medical call on Christmas Eve only to return to a fire in the station's kitchen that started when a pan of tater tots were left on a hot burner.
The heat from the burner melted the pan and caught some of the cabinets on fire, Assistant Fire Chief Dave Hanneman said...