Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Could #88 Become A Pro-Life Governor of Pennsylvania?

From ESPN.com comes a review of the potential political prowess of NFL Hall of Fame receiver, Lynn Swann. An excerpt...

...The lack of specifics early on has led to some awkward moments. At the Westmoreland County Republican dinner in late February, Swann had his first major opportunity to publicly discuss his potential run for governor. Addressing the crowd, he called himself a conservative but declined to provide his position on gun control or taxes or even abortion.

"Until I decide to step out and run for a position," he said, "I don't think it is necessary for me to go out and take a particular position."


Minutes later, he returned to tell the reporters gathered at the dinner that he opposed abortion rights -- putting him in line with most Republicans.


"I wasn't supposed to be born," Swann said, explaining that his father had wanted only two children, but his mother wanted a third. "I was born. That's enough for me to be pro-life..."

Let's keep an eye on this story.