Monday, July 14, 2014
Big Band Music -- All Week Long!
After a jam-packed weekend of preaching, heavy lawn work, and hosting two big dinners and book discussions (one involving 10 people, the other involving 15), we're moving into a "relaxed" schedule this week.
Indeed, the only tasks on the agenda are: writing, proofing, printing, stamping and folding this month's LifeSharer letter; joining with friends on two mornings for prayers outside the abortion mill; answering overdue correspondence; doing the regular early morning Panera's meetings on Tuesday and Thursday...
And, oh yes, doing 7 presentations of "When Swing Was King."
(Honey, where did you put the vitamins?)
If you'd like to join us to help visit the residents of the nursing homes and other senior centers where we do the shows, you'll find the schedule right here on the Vital Signs Ministries website.
And if you do come along, we promise you a wonderful slate of big band songs to enjoy. In fact, here is the songlist for the current volume.
1) Glenn Miller Orchestra, “American Patrol.”
2) Tommy Dorsey Orchestra with Frank Sinatra, "Dolores."
3) Artie Shaw Orchestra, "Frenesi."
4) Benny Goodman Orchestra with Ella Fitzgerald, "Goodnight, My Love."
5) Jan Garber Orchestra, "I'll See You In My Dreams."
6) Doris Day, "You Oughta' Be In Pictures."
7) Guy Lombardo Orchestra, "Embraceable You."
8) Count Basie Orchestra, "April In Paris."
9) Freddie Martin Orchestra, "Dancing In The Dark."
10) Bing Crosby, "You Belong To My Heart."
12) The Mills Brothers, "Standin' On The Corner."
13) Jimmy Dorsey Orchestra, "So Rare."
A relaxed week? Well, no. But mixing in these delightful visits with seniors and bringing them the music they (and we) love -- hey, that will help make it a week of most enjoyable purpose.