Friday, November 22, 2013

A Few Thanksgiving Quotes To Pass Around

“You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before I open a book, and before sketching, painting, swimming, walking, playing, dancing and before I dip the pen in the ink.” (G. K Chesterton)

“Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world.” (John Milton)

Thou hast given so much to me,
Give one thing more, a grateful heart;
Not thankful when it pleaseth me,
As if Thy blessings had spare days,
But such a heart whose pulse may be Thy praise.
(George Herbert)

"Some people complain because God put thorns on roses, while others praise Him for putting roses among thorns." (Anonymous)

“Happiness is gratitude doubled by wonder.” (G.K. Chesterton)