Better still, it was a huge hit with our audiences singing along, applauding, swapping stories, laughing (and an occasional tear), and lots of heartwarming conversation before and after the program.
Boy, we have a lot of fun with this!
This new volume now brings our total of separate "When Swing Was King" presentations to 17. A few more and we won't have to repeat any of the programs for two years! Sure, there's some of the favorite standards that appear in different volumes and quite a few of the photos are repeated too. But each volume remains fresh, vibrant and fun with a nice mix of big band swing, crooners and canaries, novelty songs, and even a little bit of early jazz.
Here's the song list for this volume:
1) Glenn Miller Orchestra (Ray Eberle, vocals) --
"When You Wish Upon A Star"
2) Count Basie Orchestra --
"Jumpin' At the Woodside"
3) Artie Shaw Orchestra (Helen Forrest, vocals) --
"I Have Eyes"
4) Harry James Orchestra --
5) Bob Crosby Orchestra (Dave Street, vocals) --
"I Left My Heart at the Stage Door Canteen"
6) Bennie Moten & the Kansas City Orchestra --
7) Tommy Dorsey Orchestra (Frank Sinatra, vocals) --
"How About You?"
8) Guy Lombardo Orchestra (Kenny Gardner, vocals) --
"For Me & My Gal"
9) Chick Webb Orchestra (Ella Fitzgerald, vocals) --
"I Love Each Move You Make"
10) Glen Gray & the Casa Loma Orchestra --
11) Gene Krupa Orchestra (Carolyn Grey, vocals) --
"They Didn't Believe Me"
12) Benny Goodman Quartet --
"Moonglow, Take One"
13) Gene Autry --
"Deep in the Heart of Texas"
As we've mentioned many times before, we would love to have you come along to be a part of "When Swing Was King." You'll enjoy the program; you'll hear some great stories from the residents of the retirement centers and nursing homes where we play; and you'll be a source of great blessing to them just by being a friend. What d'ya say? The schedule is right here.