This afternoon I'm putting the final touches on the latest "When Swing Was King" volume in order to be ready to start June's schedule tomorrow at Heritage Point Assisted Living Center. It will be the first in our regular monthly "tour" of 11 different facilities (last month we threw in an extra presentation for Crowell Home up in Blair) and we are, as always, looking forward to it.
Anytime you'd like to come along to join in the fun, please consider yourselves more than welcome. The schedule is on the Vital Signs Ministries website.
The program for Volume 15? Here it is:
1) Glenn Miller Orchestra, "Moonlight Serenade."
2) Doris Day, "You Oughta' Be In Pictures" (featuring photos of Hollywood's leading men of the 1940s)
3) Artie Shaw Orchestra, "Frenesi."
4) Benny Goodman Orchestra with Ella Fitzgerald, "Goodnight, My Love."
5) Jan Garber Orchestra, "I'll See You In My Dreams."
6) Tommy Dorsey Orchestra with Frank Sinatra, "Dolores."
7) Guy Lombardo Orchestra, "Embraceable You."
8) Count Basie Orchestra, "April In Paris."
9) Freddie Martin Orchestra, "Dancing In The Dark."
10) Bing Crosby, "You Belong To My Heart."
11) Ted Weems Orchestra, "Heartaches."
12) The Mills Brothers, "Standin' On The Corner."
13) Jimmy Dorsey Orchestra, "So Rare."