Friday, February 17, 2012

Back in the Day


Last night I posted on my Facebook page a video clip of Barbara Lewis appearing on Shindig in 1964 singing her hit song "Make Me Your Baby." With a wry smile I accompanied the clip with this bit of commentary -- "This one by Miss Lewis takes me back to a junior high school party in Golden, Colorado and slow dancing with the lovely D.R. But alas, her older brother didn't care for me and our relationship, as they say, ended before it began. Now that I think about it, I was rarely liked by parents, older siblings, principals, Lakewood police, etc. I wonder why?"

I knew that wry smile would be repeated on the faces of my FB friends who knew me back in the day. But I was delighted at the additional remarks Claire dropped in later: "However, after Denny’s conversion to Christianity, we met one of his high school principals who had also become a Christian. They got along quite well then. Jesus makes a huge difference!"

Yes, He does.