Thursday, December 22, 2011

It's a "No Go" To Wichita

Blogging is light today because I've got to get together some things for Russian translation, round up some materials for Nebraskans Against Planned Parenthood, write some thank-you notes and Christmas cards (no, I'm not late -- we celebrate all 12 Days of Christmas around here) and take Claire to lunch at Dolce.

We had hoped to be on the road early this morning heading for Wichita, Kansas where my sister Sherry, her husband John and their family live. My brother Ric and his wife managed to get from Denver to Wichita last night (before the big storm) and we were going to surprise them all by driving in today. Because of obligations here (a Saturday morning breakfast in Lincoln, church duties and a big dinner party on Sunday), we were only going to have one day there but we figured it would be a nice surprise anyhow.

But alas, the weather, the fact that Sherry was still working today, and then these other things I need to get done today conspired against the trip. So here we are, disappointed at not having at least a little time with family and yet, I must admit, a little relieved from having to spend 6 or 7 hours on snowy roads.

But the Dolce lunch should help...as will the Christmas music which I'll work in this afternoon and the Christmas fire I'll build tonight.

Merry Christmas.