* The Fact Checker over at the Washington Post, Glenn Kessler, gives President Obama "Two Pinocchios" for calculated (but untrue) statements made at yesterday's press conference. Read the details here. And, by the way, the Associated Press also jumped on Obama's exaggerations and distortions in their own fact check article as they too found the Chief Executive wanting. When the MSM starts exposing Democrats for their mishandling of the truth, you know something is in the air.
* From the early 19th Century French economist Frederic Bastiat -- "When plunder has become a way of life for a group of people living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
* The Houston National Cemetery has told veterans and volunteers alike that they can no longer use the word "God,""God bless," or "Jesus" at any and all funerals or condolence cards. The word has been deemed 'offensive.'
That is according to local volunteer and veterans groups that work at the cemetery. They are now suing the Cemetery in federal court so that they can use the word God.
To cite one specific example given in the suit, the director of the cemetery, Arleen Ocasio commanded volunteers never to use "God bless you" and "God bless" ever again at the cemetery...
* "Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin warned on Thursday that the March 2012 presidential election campaign would be dirty," And, comrade, he oughta' know!
* No surprises here. Another Democrat moves in to defend the bloody interests of abortionists. This particular item involves North Carolina Governor Beverly Perdue vetoing common sense legislation that would have required abortionists to give clients more information about the momentous, life-changing, life-ending procedure that abortion actually is..
"Governor Perdue defended her veto by arguing that the bill interferes with the doctor-patient relationship." Right. A "relationship" in which the "doctor" never meets the patient until she's drugged and spread before him. A relationship in which the "doctor" is acting against the Hippocratic Oath, against the historic norms of civilization, and against the immutable laws of Almighty God to brutally destroy the preborn boy and girl his "patient" is carrying. A "relationship" which demands "patients" (and the general public) be kept from knowing even the most basic facts about the impending medical operation. So much for the disclosures required by every other type of doctor in the country.
No, Governor. You're obviously not concerned about women and you certainly don't care about babies. You're just another Democrat shilling for abortionists.
* Ericka Andersen's article over at the Heritage Foundation about the United Nations complicity in human trafficking makes for important reading. Let it serve also as a prayer stimulus and a reminder of why the United States should stop funding the UN, stop being beholden to the UN and, indeed, just kick the UN out of New York once and for all.
* The crackdown on any form of free expression continues in Communist Belarus. It's part of the hardline injustice the regime of Alexander Lukashenko has foisted on his country for many, many years, injustice that attacks freedom of religion, freedom of association, a whole host of economic freedoms, and so on. The facts are violently clear -- Communist thugs just don't like freedom...period.