Monday, May 02, 2011

Inside the Envelopes

Below is a quick sampling of letters from last night's event, the first ever letter-writing party of Faith Bible Church. (I'll post a few more tomorrow.) The links included will take you to those Vital Signs Blog posts which stimulated the respective letters. You'll also find there the contact information you'll need to write a few of your own -- which we sure hope you will!

* Dear Senator Nelson,

I am asking that you join the effort to remove tax funding from Planned Parenthood.  I don’t see why a billion dollar business needs my tax dollars to support its work of abortions and, as recently uncovered, their clinics covering up rape and not reporting sex traffickers.  How can you, a pro-life senator, support this use of tax dollars?

Sincerely,

Steve Y...

* Dear Senator Harr,

I’m writing to ask you to get LB 690 & LB 521 out of committee and onto the floor for a full debate and vote.  Do not deny this state the democratic process on these two bills any longer.  Kick them out of committee and send them to the floor.

Cindy...

* Dear Whole Foods Market,

I encourage you stop giving money to Planned Parenthood.  Planned Parenthood has been caught operating in a very unethical way and a misleading fashion.  I am surprised you back the number one abortionist in the nation.  We will not be shopping at your store until your partnership with Planned Parenthood is ended. Thank you.

Steve T...

* To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to ask you to stop promoting sexualized and violent video games to young children.  Your “Addicting Games” web site is unacceptable.  The fact that Nick.com and NickJr.com also provide links to this awful website is very disappointing too. Please remove the sexual and violent video games and replace them with fun, kid-appreciated games that kids can enjoy and learn from.

Thank you for your consideration in this very important matter.

Sincerely,

Lynnette...(one who has ministered to elementary age kids for many years)

* To Whom It May Concern,

I am saddened, even angered, by the theme of death in your toys you have been producing. I am choosing to avoid Mattel toys until I see more life giving toys being produced and an end to toys like Monster High dolls.
Life is precious, please promote it. Thank you.

Jane...(a concerned mother of 4)
P.S. I will be encouraging other concerned parents and grandparents to join me in boycotting Mattel.  Please stand up for life and decency.