Tuesday, January 29, 2008

With No Regrets and a Clear Conscience: Chuck Norris' Support of Huckabee

Chuck Norris' column today will give you some important points to ponder: points about Mike Huckabee, about the other folks in the race, and about the importance of being true to your convictions instead of simply playing pragmatics.

...When I backed Mike Huckabee for president, I didn't do so because he was a front-runner, could beat Hillary, had lots of money, or because his presidency would advance my humanitarian efforts or increase my pocketbook. I endorsed him because I agree with his platform, trust in his integrity, relate with his poor upbringing and support for average citizens, value his 11 years of service as governor of Arkansas, and believe in his vision for a better America.


I want Mike to win -- the nomination then the presidency. But whether he wins or is offered the position of vice president or a position in the cabinet, my wife, Gena, and I can sleep at night and move forward into the future because we've lived true to our convictions, principles and beliefs. We cannot experience buyer's remorse with Mike Huckabee because we know, win or lose, he could lead our nation into a better and prosperous tomorrow. And he will continue to do so, as he has done for the past 20 years, whether he's the president or not...