Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Interactivity: Vital Signs Style
Here are a few of the things Vital Signs has going on this spring.
* Join us for prayers outside the Planned Parenthood abortion mill. In addition to individuals praying there at various times, a few of us go as a group on the first and third Thursdays of the month (8-9:30 AM) and the first and third Saturdays (8-9 AM). We also encourage you to use the “3 for 5” prayer program (three minutes of prayer each weekday) as part of a concerted effort against the nation’s leading abortionist.
* Guests are always welcome to help us visit with the residents of the 11 nursing homes and other senior facilities where we present “When Swing Was King” every month. The schedule can be found at our website right here.
* The next “P.A.L. Night” (Prayer, Action & Letter-writing) will be this Sunday evening at 7. At these parties, we provide everything you need to write courteous, informative and meaningful letters that shine the light of Christ into the halls of power. In addition, we always have a few thank-you letters and cards to write. Give us a call if you’re interested.
* Ready for a reading challenge? Several friends of Vital Signs have committed to completing one of two reading tracks by the end of the summer. (In fact, some have signed on to both!) The first track is the seven short books of The Chronicles of Narnia. The second involves three books: Heaven by Randy Alcorn, The Heart of Prayer by Jarram Barrs, and Teaching to Change Lives by Howard Hendricks. Those involved in each project can “talk” about their reading with others on Facebook or, from time to time, talk in person over coffee at gatherings we will announce. Also, come August, Denny & Claire will host a barbecue dinner at their house for everyone who was involved in either project.
* Beginning at 7 o’clock on Monday evening, April 7th, Denny & Claire will be hosting the first of four L’Abri evenings, featuring the four best lectures of the recent L’Abri conference in Rochester, Minnesota. April 7th will be “The Biblical Basis for True Spirituality” by Jerram Barrs. On April 14th, we will listen to “Spirituality According to Francis Schaeffer” by Bill Edgar. “Three Theories of Everything” by Ellis Potter is the lecture for April 21st. And we will finish off on April 28th with “The Christian Life:An Other-Centered Walk” by Dick Keyes. These presentations were all stimulating, illuminating and inspirational. We hope you can come.