Wednesday, May 01, 2013
Dispatches From the Culture Wars
Here are a few you may have missed:
* "In a surprise twist to the decade-plus effort to ease access to morning-after pills, the government is lowering the age limit to 15 for one brand - Plan B One-Step - and will let it be sold over the counter." (And yes, this is a chemical abortifacient.)
* "An antibiotic-resistant strain of gonorrhea—now considered a superbug—has some analysts saying that the bacteria's effects could match those of AIDS."
* "According to a new report by the nonpartisan Government Accountability Institute (GAI), President Barack Obama has spent over twice as many hours on vacation and golf (976 hours) as he has in economic meetings of any kind (474.4 hours)." (The real time differentials are even worse. Go to the video tape at this link.)
* "Support for Obamacare has hit the lowest level since the bill was passed…Overall, just 35 percent have a favorable view of Obamacare."
* "Immigration bill grants amnesty to employers of illegals; no prosecution for bogus IDs."
* "Operation Rescue has obtained recordings and dispatch transcripts for four 911 calls that were placed from Planned Parenthood in Orange, CA, three of which were made all on the same day."
* U.S. Homeownership Rate Falls to Lowest Since 1995
* "Case Worker: Illegal Aliens Got Food Stamps by the 'Vanload'"
* "'Real' Jobless Rate Still Above 10% In Most States." (A CNBC story, no less.)