By the way, the schedule for those 13 presentations (five of them this week alone) can be found on the Vital Signs Ministries web page. Please feel free to tag along for any of them. We can guarantee you'll have a good time and, even more important, that you will be warmly welcomed by the residents of these nursing homes and other senior living facilities.
And, for those of you who want a "When Swing Was King" preview, here's the song list for the latest volume:
1) Glenn Miller Orchestra: "Pennsylvania 6-5000"
2) Lionel Hampton Orchestra: "Flying Home"
3) Harry James Orchestra (Kitty Kallen, vocals):
"It's Been a Long, Long Time"
4) Glen Gray & the Casa Loma Orchestra: "Blue Room"
5) Larry Clinton Orchestra (Bea Wain, vocals): "Deep Purple"
6) Duke Ellington Orchestra: "Satin Doll"
7) Artie Shaw Orchestra: "Stardust"
8) The Mills Brothers: "Till Then"
9) Benny Goodman Orchestra: "Don't Be That Way"
10) Dean Martin: "Cha Cha Cha d'Amour"
11) Tommy Dorsey Orchestra: "Opus One"
12 Judy Garland: "The Trolley Song"
(The photo above is Bea Wain.)