Monday, January 14, 2013
Excuse Me, Is It Halloween Already?
Here's a sampling from recent headlines:
* Reid to Obama: OK to skip Congress on debt ceiling (Who cares about the Constitution? Who gives a rip about separation of powers? Why bother with fuddy-duddy notions of democracy, fairness, and representative government?)
* Obama speaking about gun control at today's press conference -- "I'm confident that there are some steps that we can take that don't require legislation and that are within my authority as president." (Ditto the comments from the above item.)
* Planned Parenthood reports record year for abortions -- In its latest annual report for fiscal year 2011 to 2012, Planned Parenthood reveals that it performed 333,964 abortions in 2011 – a record year for the organization.
* 128 million Americans are now on government programmes. Can America survive as the world’s superpower?
Federal Food Stamp Program Spent Record $80.4 Billion in 2012 (Related story, Welfare recipients take out cash at strip clubs, liquor stores and X-rated shops.)
* Braces for the Kids Just Got More Expensive: Obamacare Tax Hike Case Study. In 2013, the tax increases in Obamacare will increasingly conspire against kitchen-table family healthcare decisions.
* Health insurers jacking up rates by double digits in advance of Obamacare
* First Antibiotic-Resistant Gonorrhea Cases Detected in North America: Completely incurable gonorrhea may be at hand
* The Washington National Cathedral had been ready to embrace same-sex marriage for some time, though it took a series of recent events and a new leader for the prominent, 106-year-old church to announce Wednesday that it would begin hosting such nuptials.
* China's space activities raising US satellite security concerns
* Jackie Chan back in action, branding US more corrupt than China
Everyone thought it was true, and now there is official confirmation: The 112th Congress, which came to a close last week, was the least productive on record.
* Obama Appoints Islam’s Apologists: The shared perspective of Hagel, Kerry, and Brennan. --Waving aside any pretense of diversity, invoking seldom heard themes of merit and competence, President Barack Obama is about to appoint to his cabinet three of the most naive older white guys that ever walked up the Capitol steps...All of these candidates are rabidly pro-Islam, pro-Arab, or both. All are apologists for those causes. All are strong proponents of Obama’s vision of the world, a diminished U.S. military, and a more sympathetic outreach to Islam.
* Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne said the automaker plans to build some Jeeps in China for the local market — and later, in Russia.
* Can’t Obama Find an Honest Man For Treasury Secretary?
* New York congressman introduces bill to abolish presidential term limits