* Ooops. Democrat smokers are sure smokin' over this development. But remember, Dems -- you trusted Nancy Pelosi when she told you that the bill had to be passed before you could know what was in it.
Millions of smokers could be priced out of health insurance because of tobacco penalties in President Barack Obama's health care law, according to experts who are just now teasing out the potential impact of a little-noted provision in the massive legislation.
The Affordable Care Act — "Obamacare" to its detractors — allows health insurers to charge smokers buying individual policies up to 50 percent higher premiums starting next Jan. 1.
For a 55-year-old smoker, the penalty could reach nearly $4,250 a year. A 60-year-old could wind up paying nearly $5,100 on top of premiums.
* Feinstein Gun Control Bill to Exempt Government Officials
* As with many other "triumphs" of political correctness (the sexual revolution, no-fault divorce, legalized abortion, the welfare state), this latest move will end up hurting women, not empowering them. But that's not the only reason that this move by the Obama administration is a despicable one.
Here's the opening paragraph of the FRC report, G.I. Jane: Reporting for Combat. In another triumph of political correctness over common sense, the Pentagon is lifting its ban on women in combat and direct combat units. Senior officials leaked the news yesterday during the House's Benghazi hearings, making the timing even more suspect. If Defense Secretary Leon Panetta was hoping to distract the country from Hillary Clinton's Libyan testimony, he succeeded. According to leaders, even Congress wasn't warned.
* D.C. man who shot dogs biting boy could face charges
* In malpractice case, Catholic hospital argues fetuses aren’t people
* You certainly wouldn't know this from the mainstream media but it's true --- Al Gore Is Richer than Mitt Romney.
* Pro-Abortion Congresswoman: Abortion is Still Good for Children
Remember Democrat Congresswoman from Wisconsin Gwen Moore? Hers was the absurd voice that defended Planned Parenthood and applauded abortion by insisting that children were better off killed by abortion than having to grow up poor, eating Ramen noodles and mayonnaise sandwiches.
Well, the sad, mean, and foolish attitudes of Ms. Moore continue in force. Here's part of her remarks the other day as she celebrated 40 years of legal abortion. "This is the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the ability for women to have a safe and legal abortion. But it really is 40 years of affirming motherhood. And to say, as we’ve said in our oath of office that we take, it should be done willfully without purpose of evasion and that we go into it mindful of the responsibility that is ahead of us. Parenting is difficult on your best day. And it doesn’t serve children, and it certainly doesn’t serve women to be forced into parenthood. And I think this is what the public has come to understand. That safe, legal abortions are very important for the health of children, women, the institution of motherhood, family, and ultimately to our society."
* Here's an interesting followup to yesterday's post, Amid the Democrats' Economic Disaster, Nebraska Gov. Is Trying to Move Forward.
A couple of groups are planning protests of Nebraska Gov. Dave Heineman’s recent decision to approve a route for the Keystone XL pipeline through Nebraska. The protesters will participate in "a round dance, pound Native drums and light wish lanterns to raise awareness about what they describe as attacks on indigenous sovereignty and lands."
* Court: Obama appointments are unconstitutional
* Biden's lie couldn't be more obvious but the media will not, under any circumstances, even notice it...let alone expose it.