Thursday, August 16, 2012

Top Ten Hints for a Successful Marriage

A couple of weeks ago, I was honored to officiate at the wedding of Paul Aylward and Carrie Heiser and the brief sermon I presented was a new version of my Top Ten Hints for a Successful Marriage. 

I first developed that Top Ten for a “Vital Signs Weekend” radio program sometime back in the 90’s. Since then I’ve presented it a to a few live audiences and I once used it as the primary subject of a LifeSharer letter.  Driving home from the festivities, Claire suggested I do it again and her argument was pretty persuasive.  She said, “Look, in nearly 30 years of writing monthly letters, you’ve repeated a LifeSharer what, maybe once or twice? And this is certainly as  timely as ever and the Top Ten Hints you share are insightful and really helpful.  The response the sermon just received shows that.  Besides all that, there are great applications even for those who are unmarried.  So, go ahead.”          

She convinced me.

So August's LifeSharer, which can be read in full at the Vital Signs Ministries web site, contains the 2012 version of the Top Ten Hints for a Successful Marriage.

Go check it out.