Friday, October 08, 2010

Nebraska AG Jon Bruning Responds

I've written three or four posts in the past few months dealing with my hopes that Nebraska's Attorney General Jon Bruning would answer a few of the questions directed at him from pro-life advocates and that he would take a more aggressive, more public leadership role to ensure that every possible action is being taken in Nebraska to defend and promote the sanctity of life, to protect women's health and safety, to require abortionists like Leroy Carhart and Planned Parenthood to fully adhere to current law, to keep such atrocious schemes as Planned Parenthood's "telemed" abortion procedures out of Nebraska, and to investigate new areas in which pro-life legislation can chip away at Roe v Wade.

Yesterday the Attorney General called and we had a friendly and, I hope, fruitful conversation about these important matters. I thank Mr. Bruning for his time and for answering specific questions I had about the investigation of Leroy Carhart over charges leveled by former employees, about the recent actions of AGs in Texas and Virginia, and about the Nebraska Health Department's investigative procedures.

I applaud him Mr. Bruning for outspoken pro-life convictions to date. And I appreciate his promise to look carefully into a couple of the other matters we spoke about. Thanks, Jon.