Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday Morning

It's a very busy Monday, a reflection of just how busy the whole week looks. For instance, already today we've had a sidewalk counseling team out at the Bellevue abortion mill. That's nothing new, we're out there every Monday morning but there were a couple of differences. One, we had extra help. Larry was back; Mark hasn't yet started the new hours on his job; and Dick, Allen and Steve all took a couple of hours in their vacation day to come and joins us, That's friendship!

And two, for the first time in months, the abortion mill was closed! Hooray!

I'm afraid I wasn't there personally to join in the celebration. The gang went out for coffee after (Claire, Ruth, Carol, Quint, Larry, Dick, Allen, and Steve) but I was in another part of town being interviewed by Kristen Kelly on KCRO radio. One of the other guests scheduled to appear didn't show and so I had two segments of the program, one about 12 minutes, the other about 15. I talked about Vital Signs Ministries, the breadth of our activities, and Christian activism in general. Specific issues that got a clear airing included the new Nebraska fetal pain law, the proposed federal feta pain legislation, the new Planned Parenthood abortion business opening soon in northwest Omaha, and the City of Omaha proposing changes in the law which would give special "protection" for sexual deviants.

Claire and I reconnected about 11 this morning. But instead of starting on the blog, I had a couple of letters to write as well as a longer piece for the newsletter of Faith Bible Church which was due at...what's that? Noon? Yipes!

That's okay. I got it in just under the wire.

Next up are preparations for tonight's letter-writing party with a visit to my Mom's and mowing the lawn thrown in for good measure. So, like so many Mondays, there just isn't time for regular blogging. Sorry.

You can, however, check out that letter I sent over to Faith Bible Church because I'll post that here on Vital Signs Blog. After all, it deals with thanksgiving and that's relevant to us all. But besides that, I'll see you tomorrow.