Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Robert Novak Tributes

In honor of Robert Novak, one of our era's best reporters and most important conservative voices, who succumbed yesterday to a malignant brain tumor, I provide links to a few of the finest reviews and remembrances.

* Kenneth Y. Tomlinson's "Bob Novak, a Giant of Journalism" in Human Events.

* R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr.'s "Robert Novak, RIP" in American Spectator.

* Fred Barnes' "Robert Novak, 1931-2009" in the Weekly Standard.

* Larry Kudlow's "Robert Novak, R.I.P.: Faith, Freedom, and Free Enterprise" in National Review.

I might also mention that Novak's remarkable memoir, The Prince of Darkness, made #1 in my non-fiction reading list from 2008. It is a terrific book. And using the Search feature here at Vital Signs Blog, I discovered no less than 18 posts where I cited Novak's work. He was a principled, honest and thorough reporter who kept the highest professional standards as well as being a brave American patriot who understood how deeply our nation needed the virtues of its Christian heritage. He will indeed be missed.