Thursday, September 08, 2016
Swinging Into Autumn!
And boy, do they let us know how much they appreciate it!
Today’s show (at Life Care Center in north Omaha) was extra special for another reason too. It was the first time we brought along copies of our 4-page “When Swing Was King” newsletter which we will be printing up and distributing to residents every quarter. We were thrilled to see how excited and appreciated the newsletter was by both staff and residents.
(By the way, you can read more about the first issue and the purposes we’ve created it to serve right here.)
Like the “When Swing Was King” shows themselves, this fun and nifty newsletter is given to the care facilities free of charge. And, among other things, that means we would sure appreciate any donations to Vital Signs Ministries so that we can keep this outreach going strong. Thank you.
right here…just in case you’d like to come along and help us bring some cheer into the lives of our community’s seniors.
1) Glenn Miller Orchestra (Ray Eberle, vocals) -- “When You Wish Upon a Star”
2) Nat King Cole -- “Let’s Face the Music and Dance”
3) Harry James Orchestra -- “Crazy Rhythm”
4) Artie Shaw Orchestra (Helen Forrest, vocals) -- “I Have Eyes”
5) The Andrews Sisters -- “Rock-a-bye Baby” (Photo Theme: Babies)
6) Tommy Dorsey Orchestra (Frank Sinatra, vocals) -- “What About You?”
7) Guy Lombardo Orchestra (Kenny Gardner, vocals) -- “For Me and My Gal”
8) Ella Fitzgerald -- “Where or When”
10) Gene Krupa Orchestra (Carolyn Grey, vocals) -- “They Wouldn’t Believe Me”
11) Benny Goodman Orchestra (Dottie Reid) -- “Paper Moon”
12) Bob Hope and Shirley Ross -- “Thanks for the Memory”