The latest edition of “When Swing Was King” is proving as big a success as it’s long line of predecessors.
And brother, that's sayin' something!
As usual, this “When Swing Was King” volume is a delightful mix of romantic ballads, dance-oriented big band music, and rousing songs that seem perfect for singing along. We have already had a ball in our first four shows but there are still another seven coming up in the next couple of weeks. We would absolutely love to have you drop by for one of those shows. Indeed, the residents of any of the 11 senior care facilities where we bring this unique entertainment/friendship program would love it too! Just check this page of the Vital Signs Ministries website for the schedule of places and times.
Of course, every “When Swing Was King” show also includes interesting commentary about the songs, the musicians, and the times...plus there's those amazing pictures. So, come on and give us a visit!
By the way, here's the song list for the latest edition:
1) Glenn Miller Orchestra — Elmer’s Tune
2) Chick Webb Orchestra — I Got Rhythm
3) Tommy Dorsey Orchestra, vocals by Frank Sinatra — The Song Is You
4) Harry James Orchestra — Alice Blue Gown
5) Art Lund, Johnny Thompson conducting the orchestra — Mam’selle
6) Freddy Martin Orchestra — Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
7) Dean Martin — A, You’re Adorable
8) Lawrence Welk Orchestra — La Mer
9) Mills Brothers — Once In A While
10) Benny Goodman, vocals by Helen Forrest — It Never Entered My Mind
11) Jimmy Dorsey Orchestra, vocals by Bob Eberly — Fools Rush In
12) Al Jolson — Toot, Toot, Tootsie