Tuesday, March 08, 2016
"When Swing Was King" Swings into Spring!
this afternoon and we're delighted to report it was another smash hit. Great music. Great photos. An interesting and fun commentary as we go along. And terrific residents and guests who love taking this "sentimental journey" back to the days of their youth.
Claire and I still do programs at 11 senior care facilities every month and we would love having friends join us for this uplifting, quality outreach. The schedule, by the way, can be found right here. We would also encourage friends of Vital Signs Ministries to pray for us and for the residents we serve in this way. Pray that all the equipment works, that residents come in good spirits and health, that we find opportunities for meaningful conversations, and, because we provide this ministry free of charge, that Vital Signs continues to receive enough financial assistance to keep the outreach going strong.
And speaking of needing prayers, "When Swing Was King" will be making an exciting road trip soon...all the way to San Antonio, Texas and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma! More details to come.
Here is the song list for the March 2016 edition of "When Swing Was King." Really great stuff!
2) Harry James Orchestra (Helen Ward, vocals) “Where or When”
3) Artie Shaw Orchestra “Oh, Lady Be Good”
4) Nat King Cole Trio “Route 66”
6) Larry Clinton Orchestra (Bea Wain, vocals) “Heart and Soul”
7) Benny Goodman Quartet “After You’ve Gone: Take One”
8) Tommy Dorsey Orchestra (Frank Sinatra and the Pied Pipers, vocals) “I’ll Never Smile Again”
9) Russ Morgan Orchestra “With the Wind and the Rain In Her Hair”
10) Bing Crosby “Stranger in Paradise”
11) Les Brown Orchestra (Doris Day, vocals) “My Dreams Are Getting Better All the Time”
12) The Mills Brothers “Paper Doll”