* Army officer is told not to enter his daughter's high school because he's wearing his uniform
* Satanists to Hold Controversial Black Mass in Oklahoma
* JUSTIN BIEBER GETS NAKED AT 'FASHION ROCKS,' CROWD BOOS
* Homeland Insecurity: Americans feel less safe than any time since 9/11, poll finds
* Welfare recipients can use debit cards for marijuana
* PUTIN PROMISES NEW WEAPONS TO FEND WESTERN THREATS
* Professional Investors are Preparing for a Stock Market Crash
* Firefighters Say They Were Sent Home for Refusing to Remove Patriotic Stickers
* Ted Cruz: ‘Saturday Night Live’ Skits Illegal Under New Campaign Finance Proposal
* CNN: PILOTS FLYING EBOLA PATIENTS TO US SAY MORE EXPOSED BROUGHT TO US THAN REPORTED
* Long-term unemployed still at record levels
So, what to make of it all? Here’s a couple of very important things to remember.
Psalm 2:1-4 (NASB) — “Why are the nations in an uproar and the peoples devising a vain thing? The kings of the earth take their stand and the rulers take counsel together against the Lord and against His Anointed, saying, ‘Let us tear their fetters apart and cast away their cords from us!’ He who sits in the heavens laughs. The Lord scoffs at them. Then He will speak to them in His anger and terrify them in His fury, saying, ‘But as for Me, I have installed My King upon Zion, My holy mountain.’”
Isaiah 41:10 (NASB) — “Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you. Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”
John 14:27 (NASB) — [Jesus says] “Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.”
What security, hope and joy one can possess even in the midst of such a wacky, wicked and suicidal culture when they know their sins are forgiven because they've trusted in the finished work of Jesus' cross, the Savior Who paid the penalty of our sins. And given that peace (as well as the exciting, eternal inheritance that awaits us), the Christian finds strength to hold on, to fight back, and to light up the darkness with truth, justice and the liberating power of the gospel.
Thank You, Lord.