Wednesday, April 02, 2014
Urgent Action Needed on Nebraska "Sexual Orientation" Bill
Would you take a few minutes to do 3 things?
1. Forward this email to your family, friends, colleagues, Bible Study groups, business owners, pastors, and your church community. Senators need to hear from hundreds of concerned Nebraskans within the next 48 hours.
2. Contact Speaker Adams: 402.471.2756 and/or email@example.com
Politely leave Speaker Adams a message and ask him to not support LB485.
3. Contact Senators: visit www.nebraskafamilyalliance.org for contact information or give them a call @ 402.770.7713. They would be glad to let you know who your senator is and discuss any questions or concerns you may have. Politely tell your Senator to oppose LB485. Choose two or three of the talking points below:
* In America, people should be free to live and work according to their beliefs. It’s one of the principles on which this country is founded.
* The government should not require Nebraskans to abandon their faith just to earn a living.
* LB485 would change our state non-discrimination statutes to extend special protections to sexual orientation and gender identity and provides a very weak religious exemption.
* LB485 demands that Nebraskans comply and risk losing their job to honor their deeply held religious beliefs.
* LB485 would allow unelected bureaucrats to decide what faith is, who the faithful are, and where and how faith may be lived out.
* We all agree arbitrary discrimination is wrong. All people deserve to be treated with respect and dignity. The real question in LB485 is whether we should enact a law that, while attempting to protect homosexuals against discrimination, fosters widespread discrimination against people of faith and subjects business owners to needless litigation.