Even setting aside a pre-birthday dinner tonight with the Nelsons, two 4th of July family parties in Lincoln tomorrow, and a birthday soiree back here in Omaha on the 5th, this is a pretty hectic week for us.
The primary reasons for this are working on the LifeSharer letter, quite a few lawn projects, creating the latest "When Swing Was King" presentation, and overhauling and updating the spreadsheet which organizes the various "When Swing Was King" volumes. (And that last task was a bear. After all, "When Swing Was King" now involves 23 volumes in all, almost 300 songs, and a few thousand photos.)
Anyhow, there's not much room this week for blogging and, I strongly suspect, not a whole lot of blog visitors. For I'm sure most of you have a similarly busy Fourth of July week to get through. Have a great holiday.
However, for those who do manage to get over for a quick visit, here are a few suggested reading items.
Could Michelle Obama's shameless lack of
propriety, empathy and class dip any lower? I guess it could. This photo
shows our First Lady arriving with her family in Senegal, an extremely
impoverished country which rates 166 out of 182 countries
on the Human Development Index. It's a country where almost half of the
people are unemployed and where shortages of water, food, power,
medicine, and so on are horrible. Yet Michelle Obama chose to get off
the plane in a designer dress that costs $1,295. You know, you'd be awfully hard pressed to make this kind of stuff up.
* Texas abortion battle heats up as activists ‘Hail Satan!’ (Washington Times)
* "Pro-Abortion Wendy Davis Backers Tell Legislator “I Hope Your Daughter’s Raped" (LifeNews.com)
* "Stand with . . . Death: No, Wendy Davis is not a hero." (Charles C. W. Cooke, NRO)
* "Seven reasons Obamacare’s employer mandate delay is a huge deal" (Jennifer Rubin, Washington Post) An excellent pass-around article.
* "Could we use some good old fashioned Hate?" (John Malek, In Pursuit of Reason)
* "White House Violates Law with Obamacare Delay" (Ken Klukowski, Breitbart)
* "Clapper: I gave 'erroneous' answer because I forgot about Patriot Act" (Guardian)
* "This Is Why California Can’t Have Nice Things" (Kevin Williamson, NRO)
* And finally...
Forget the Obamas and their ultra-expensive,
ineffective, and ultimately embarrassing campaign. There was another
famous American couple in Africa this week. And, like usual, this
"other" couple did some real good and, in the process, did America
proud. Check it out.